Monday, August 22, 2011

An Ode to the Ahi (Tuna)



Wow, what a lucky gal, living on a small rock, surrounded by the great big sea, I have the pleasures of eating a fresh catch on a regular basis. Most Saturday mornings, I stumble out of bed and head to the neighborhood farmers market which is just a few blocks away. This piece of fish is just one of those gems to be found at the KCC Farmers Market. This Honolulu market is teeming with local fresh grown tropical fruits and veggies, a local cup o' Kona coffee, locally grown chocolate, tempting prepared culinary delights,sea asparagus, honey, fresh cut flowers including ginger, protea, anthuriums, etc...

I had to take a picture of this piece of ahi (tuna) that I picked up at the market just a few weeks ago. You can see how nutritious that piece of fish is by the beautiful sheen and vibrant color!

Muchos mahalos to you, Mr. Ahi Tuna, it is to you who I owe many thanks for providing me with a nutritious and delicious meal!

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment